Sunday, August 15, 2010

Keep It Simple....Stupid

I may have to change the name of this blog from Dolce Vita to the Matta Vita, meaning, the Crazy/Looney Life.  So much has been going on and not enough time to scratch my butt let alone write a blog entry.

First things first:
1.  Finally working as a photographer and I am COMPLETELY pumped about it!
2.  Ryan and I are settling nicely into our new digs!
3.  Grad school starts up again in a week
4.  Nutcracker and Dance Cincinnati rehearsals are filling my schedule
5.  FOOTBALL SEASON (YAY).

This is why I need a breather, I am carrying 3 part timers, plus the dance company, plus school.  I am creating a mantra for myself of "Keep it Simple."  A boss of mine a few years back added the stupid...but, that isn't positive at all!  It reminds me that it is simple things in life that will keep me going:  smiling while dancing (it really does manipulate the way you dance), meditating, and cooking basics.

This is leading me to the recipe of Pesto I just created.  I read somewhere to keep your leafy greens from spoiling, blend them into a pesto.  Awesome idea!  Ryan just devoured most of our spinach this week leaving barely enough for a salad after you weed out the slimy pieces so here it is:

Mixed Greens Pesto:

1/4 cup of olive oil
2-3 Garlic Cloves
Handfull of Walnuts (or Pine nuts depending on your mood).
Assorted Greens (mine today were:  Spinach, Arugula, and Basil).
Juice of half a Lemon

Toss all in the food processor till you get a rough but creamy consistency.  I guestimated on the oil--like an old Italian lady--I really just add until it tastes right.  But this is the beauty of using limited ingredients!  Simplicity is AWESOME.

Have an awesome week Foodies, Friends, Yogis, and Others....

No comments: