Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend Roadtrip, Yoga Therapy Balls, and NEW FOOD!!

Ryan and I went up to Sandusky, OH this weekend to go play at Cedar Point.  All was good, a few bumps in the road while trying to get up there on Friday night (tractor trailer accident and stuck behind a train).  We spend all day there on Saturday (12 hrs) and I road pretty much all the big ticket rides.  I woke up Sunday to a terrible back ache.  I couldn't decipher whether it was the air mattress that Ryan and I slept on at the camp grounds or if it was riding some serious rides that day.  I am personally blaming it on Mean Streak, the equivalent to King's Islands "The Beast" which is the longest wooden roller coaster.  This thing was just down right rough.  So much so, that it wasn't even enjoyable.  I like roller coasters but this thing was tossing me around in the car the entire time.  My lower back is crying.

I couldn't really touch my toes on Sunday.  As a dancer, this is bad.  Which is why I need to do a shout out to the folks at Gaiam along with Rodney Yee for creating Yoga Therapy Balls.  Its like self massage and yoga all in one and it really has begun to release the tension in my back.  I can at least touch my toes again!  Thank goodness!  But it is definitely still stiff so I believe I will be doing this therapy for the next week or so.  I didn't even attempt to go ballet technique class yesterday.

So I have a New Recipe the I learned from one of my managers at work:

Tuna with Lemon, Garlic, and Spinach.
This is really a quick simple recipe that was originally made for Salmon, but, I had tuna steaks in my freezer instead.  I think this would be great with a white fish like Halibut, Cod, or Tilapia.  I would even venture to say this would be a great way to cook scallops but Ryan won't eat those.

Ingredients:

2 Tuna Steaks
1 Lemon
1 bag of Spinach
4-6 Garlic Cloves, peeled, whole
Salt and Pepper

1.  Preheat your oven to 375.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place fish in the center.
2.  Use the juice of one half of the lemon and squeeze over fish and add salt and pepper at your discretion.  Slice the other half of the lemon and place slices on top of the fish.
3.  Place Garlic around the fish and dump the bag of spinach on top of the fish.  Wrap all the foil around this modge podge of food to create a little packet (this will basically steam/cook the spinach).
4.  Cook in the oven for 17 minutes.  I did mine longer because my tuna steaks were still a little frozen but I should have kept it at 17 minutes because like regular steak, I like my tuna steak a little rare.

Another delicious and QUICK meal.  Perfect ending to a long day accompanied by a Cabernet from Chile.

The usual suspects, Jack and Spike--checking out the food.  They love tuna.  They basically do this every time we have dinner to see if we will feed them anything, which, generally doesn't happen.  They are just so darn cute!

No comments: